You may have been guided by Shelley through a major cell phone, cable and Internet service provider’s phone system, or national banks and credit card voicemail systems, the National Gallery of Canada, Canada Post, and hundreds of other veterinary clinics, auto parts and accessories, auto dealerships, insurance companies and associations throughout North America, Bermuda, Brazil and Barbados.
- She is the virtual receptionist or ‘telephony guide’ who welcomes you.
- She has also voiced hundreds of commercials, corporate videos and e-learning courses.
- A 2-week visit to Vancouver in the 70’s turned into 5 years where she returned to school and graduated from B.C. Institute of Technology’s Radio Broadcast Communications course.
- Her first job was as the first female Radio Announcer on CKQR-AM in Castlegar, B.C.
- The next move was to Kelowna, B.C. as an FM Announcer where she hosted Jazz and Classical music shows, along with Adult Contemporary programs.
- Then, in 1983, it was home to Ottawa, where she became Traffic Commentator on CBC Radio for 5 years, while also working as a freelance Narrator and Broadcaster.
- Television / radio commercials and public service announcements you may have heard include Lauzon Sound, MacArthur Renovations, Bali Furniture, the Learning Disabilities Association, and the War Amps.
- She has also voiced many corporate videos, presentations, and Web demos.
- In 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2013, she offered “Becoming a Narrator” through a local community college and has coached a number of students who have become working voice actors.