Registration Spring 2019 Becoming a Voice Actor course is now open!
Exclusive to Ottawa! Limited seating!
No experience necessary!
You hear voice actors on radio and television commercials, on documentaries, over telephone systems, in movies, video games and on the Internet.
Have you ever thought maybe you could do it too, but where do you start?
Becoming a Voice Actor teaches everything you need to know to get started including the right attitude, all the tools you need, and how to market yourself. Taught by 35-year veteran voice over professional Shelley Cohen, the IVR voice of a major telecommunications provider, major financial institutions, credit card companies, and other small, medium, large national and international corporations and businesses.
Becoming a Voice Actor is a 14-week process where you will learn:
- To analyze and read scripts straight or in character
- The A-B-C’s of voice acting
- In- studio and audition expectations
- Proper breathing techniques
- To speak on supported breath to minimize vocal chord damage
- To use a microphone properly
- Studio and business terminology
- The business side (with industry guest speakers) to market yourself
Practice reading a variety of scripts in-studio each week. Professional producers record your voice files which you receive at the end of the course.
Next course begins Thursday, March 7, 2019 and runs until Thursday, June 6, 2019 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m..
Available over Skype, or located off Merivale Road South of Hunt Club on Cleopatra Drive in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Cost is $28/hr. and registration includes a 50% deposit, baseline voice read, and questionnaire upon sign-up.