THE SPRING 2020 SESSION IS NOW FULL!
Becoming a Voice Actor!
Exclusive to Ottawa! Limited seating!
No experience necessary!
You hear voice actors on radio and television commercials, documentaries, over telephone systems, in movies, video games and on the Internet.
Have you ever thought maybe you could do it too, but where do you start?
Becoming a Voice Actor teaches everything you need to know to get started including the right attitude, all the tools you need, and how to market yourself. Taught by 35-year veteran voice over professional Shelley Cohen, the telephone voice for Rogers, Canada Post, PC Mastercard/PC Financial and other major financial institutions, credit card companies, and other small, medium, large national and international corporations and businesses.
Becoming a Voice Actor is a 14-week course where you learn:
- To analyze and read scripts straight or in character
- The A-B-C’s of voice acting
- In-studio and audition expectations
- Proper breathing techniques
- To speak on supported breath to minimize vocal cord damage
- To use a microphone properly
- Studio and business terminology
- The business side (with industry guest speakers) to market yourself
Practice reading a variety of scripts in-studio each week. and get feedback. Professional producers record your voice files which you receive weekly.
Next course is to be determined; however, private coaching, either in person in Ottawa, or online over Skype or Zoom, is also available. Email email@example.com for more information!