Voice Actor Training
Watch Shelley’s video about Becoming a Voice Actor in just 14-weeks!
- Voice acting is a process that is different for everyone, depending on your experience. If you are a seasoned actor already, you may be further along in the process than someone just starting out in the business.
- The course is designed to be as a close to reality in how the business works. You will be required to record a provided script. The voice file becomes a baseline for the rest of the course, for you to hear your progress from beginning to end. The same script is then recorded again at the halfway mark, and at the end of the course.
- Each week new scripts are recorded and you receive a link to view class and voice files from over the 14 weeks.
- Guest speakers, such as producers and talent agents are invited to discuss industry expectations and marketing with students.
- Throughout the course, feedback in class and in the studio will help you understand how to find your own voice and market it.
Becoming a Voice Actor Course
Offered in the spring and fall, this once per 14-week program covers the basics of voice acting and getting voice work. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Properly use your voice so you don’t damage it
- Connect your voice and breath
- Understand how sound and your voice work
- Use a microphone and headset correctly
- Understand the fundamentals of voice acting and characterization
- Understand studio etiquette and production values
- Understand the audition process
- Prepare for auditions
- Understand what tools you need to market yourself
- Know where to go to find voice acting work.
Here is what Shelley’s students have said about the course.