Becoming a Voice Actor Course
Offered in the spring and fall, this once per 14-week program covers the basics of voice acting and getting voice work. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Properly use your voice so you don’t damage it
- Connect your voice and breath
- Understand how sound and your voice work
- Use a microphone and headset correctly
- Understand the fundamentals of voice acting and characterization
- Understand studio etiquette and production values
- Understand the audition process
- Prepare for auditions
- Understand what tools you need to market yourself
- Know where to go to find voice acting work.
Here is what Shelley’s students have said about the course.